If you are planning to participate in MIPS, it’s time to access the portal and begin your data entry process. You have until March 31st to enter final data. Here are a few key facts to keep in mind:
- A clinician is eligible to participate in MIPS if in 2017 the clinicians saw at least 100 Medicare beneficiaries and billed at least $30,000. (Clinicians include physicians, chiropractors, podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, nurse practitioners, certified registered nurse anesthetists, and physician assistants).
- If you do nothing (no data submission), you will receive a negative 4% adjustment for 2019.
- You can secure a neutral payment adjustment for 2019 simply by either entering ONE data point for ONE patient ONE time, or by attesting to one quality improvement activity.
- To secure a positive adjustment, you need to submit more data through the QPP portal.
- Click here https://qpp.cms.gov/ to land on the home page for the Quality Payment Program (it shows a female clinician talking with a female patient). In the upper right corner is a ‘Sign In’ section. Once you click there you will see that you need a user name and password – and EIDM number. There is a link further down on this page to assist you if you need this number, you can also check out reliable cleaning colorado if you have time later on for extra time saving. You may already have one if you have previously participated in PQRS.
We can help you if you need further clarification on the data to enter by the end of March.
Follow this link to learn more about data submission on the OPP website. QPP-2017-Data-Submission-Factsheet