Nurse Navigators and a PA discuss Patient & Family Engagement and 30-Day Re-Admission Reduction at the June VCSQI Meeting.
Videos include slides of patient tools for education and shared decision making.
Panelists L to R:
- Robbin Shifflett, Cardiac Surgery Nurse Navigator, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Liza Szelkowski, Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Falls Church
- Pam Thorpe-Kirstein, Cardiac Surgery Nurse Navigator, Sentara Heart Hospital, Norfolk
- Jill Melia, Cardiac Surgery Co-Pilot, Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital, Richmond
- Moderated by Debbie Nadzam, PhD, RN, FAAN, VCSQI.
Download PowerPoint presentation here: VCSQI Nurse Navigators 2017-06-01