Upcoming Deadlines: Please Complete Surveys by Friday, April 13
As of Monday afternoon, we only have 4 responses for the opioid survey and 2 responses for the PFE survey. Once you have gathered the answers, each survey only takes about 3 minutes to complete online.
- Opioid Management Survey can be accessed here : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LZ7WVBG
- Person and Family Engagement Survey can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L5W8S3J
Your Data is Due to VCSQI by Monday, April 16 – Please submit your numerator and denominator data for selected TCPI QPP measures to Eddie Fonner at email@example.com by Monday, April 16. If you have questions, contact Eddie at (913) 909-3140. Here is the VCSQI SAN 2.0 – Data Submission Template
Upcoming MIPS 2018 Webinars: Learn more about 2018 MIPS requirements in an upcoming VCSQI-led webinar. Debbie will send calendar invitations to everyone for both times. You choose the time best for you.
- Thursday, April 19, 3 pm, EDT
- Friday, April 20 7:30 am, EDT
Very Important Note: Please discuss your measure selections for 2018 MIPS with Ivan, Eddie or Debbie
New MIPS 2018 Fact Sheets Available:
2017 MIPS Preliminary Feedback Now Available
If you submitted data through the Quality Payment Program website, you are now able to review your preliminary (not final) performance feedback data.
Final scores will be available on July 1, 2018. Between now and June 30, 2018, your score could change based on the following:
- Special Status Scoring Considerations (ex. Hospital-based Clinicians)
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality Category
- Claims Measures to include the 60-day run out period
- CAHPS for MIPS Survey Results
- Advancing Care Information Hardship Application status
- Improvement Study Participation and Results
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
Find your score and feedback on the Quality Payment Program website using the same EIDM credentials you used to submit your data for 2017.
And by the way, hold on to your EIDM user name and password for ongoing access to the QPP portal and submission of 2018 data!
Join Us for Upcoming Workgroups:
- Person & Family Engagement – April 11, 1-2 pm, EDT- TOPIC: Patient Self-Medication Management
- Opioid Management – April 26, 1-2 pm, EDT
New VCSQI Videos on Opioid Prescribing Practices
- Opioid Pain Management: From Practice to Regulation & Back Again, Barbara Allison-Bryan, MD, Va. Dept. of Health Professions
- There and Back Again: An Opioid Tale, Marc Huntoon, MD, Virginia Commonwealth University, Director of Pain Management, Orthopaedic and Wellness Center
- Patient Safety Initiatives & Next Steps for VCSQI, Deborah (Nadzam) Melnyk, PhD, RN, FAAN, VCSQI SAN 2.0 Project Director
Quote for the Week:
“For members of the TCPI Community of Practice, being in action implies a willingness to adopt new ways of thinking and acting, and not being satisfied with anything less than the best possible results in patient care.” – Dr. Robert Flemming, Director, Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative