Objectives of this workgroup include:
- To review practices’ status on 6 PFE metrics and 3 assessment milestones related to PFE
- To review, understand, and adapt tools already available toward improving PFE within practices
- To share resources and learn from each other including sharing of stories within VCSQI and TCPI.
National expert Chrissie Blackburn, Principal Advisor, Patient and Family Engagement, University Hospitals Health System, Cleveland, Ohio, provides guidance on how to form a Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). VCSQI SAN 2.0 Learning Session Recording (August 11, 2017 Webinar)
VCSQI SAN 2.0 Project Director Debbie Nadzam Melnyk and Clinical Practice Transformation Coaches Ivan Berkel and Sherry White provide insights in Identifying Patient Risk and Using Best Practices to address TCPI Milestones 7 & 11 for Specialty Care, and 8, 9, 10 & 16 for Primary Care.
5 Ways to Prevent Hospitalization of Seniors: preventing hosptitalization for seniors-Five-Ways-Guide-Web
CMS Annual Wellness Visit Guide: CMS annual wellness visit guide- AWV-Chart-ICN905706TextOnly
Slide Set: Pt risk and best practices-class 4-final
Wednesday- April 11, 2018
Bakula Dave, from Heart Care Associates, PC in Hopewell, VA, presents their strategy for engaging patients in weight management. The handout describes the activities and how they gently approach patients to consider and use weight loss strategies. Mrs. Dave shared that family members and caregivers are also using the strategies presented to the patients, check hireamaid.ca. Then Debbie Melnyk shares information and resources on patient self medication management.
Webinar Recording on YouTube (35 minutes)
Links to Shared Resources:
- Patient reminder app: https://medisafe.com
- Youtube Resources – you may see something useful here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=medication+management
Dr. Bakula Dave, from one of our participating practices (Heart Care Associates, PA, Hopewell, VA), shares their patient and caregiver checklist and strategy for patient engagement.
- Click here to view and listen to the PFE Workgroup discussion held on March 7.
- PFE workgroup minutes – 03-07-2018
- Heart Care Associates – PFE education material
- Links to PFE Resources on the PCPCC website at https://pcpcc.org/tcpi
- Video webinar (54 minutes) covering PFACs, medication management and using e-Tools with patients: https://www.pcpcc.org/webinar/effective-partnerships-enhancing-medication-safety-and-e-tool-use-performance-metrics-guide
- PFE Metric Intentionality (from HCC PFE Affinity Group) link to pdfPFE Metric Intentionality