2018 – QPP and MIPS – What’s Different and What You Should be Doing NOW
- Quality category – You must submit data for 6 measures, for the full year; quality weight drops from 60% to 50% of total MIPS score (10% went to Cost category). You should already be collecting quality data and submitting through claims or entering it into your EMR or registry.
- Advancing Care Information – Some measure changes (see fact sheet below); submit for total of 100 points
- Improvement Activities – No change; try to select up to 4 activities that total 40 points
- Cost – included as 10% of total MIPS score; CMS will calculate your data for this category (see fact sheet below).
VCSQI Webinar: Learn More About 2018 MIPS Requirements
Very Important Note: Please discuss your measure selections for 2018 MIPS with Ivan, Eddie or Debbie.
See these NEW MIPS 2018 Fact Sheets for more details:
- Improvement-Activities-Performance-Category Fact Sheet
- 2018 MIPS Quality Performance Fact Sheet
- Responses to EIDM-related Data Submission Questions
For general information and resources: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Payment-Program/Resource-Library/2018-Resources.html
For More MACRA and QPP Updates, follow this link to MACRA info and go to https://qpp.cms.gov
For Updates Related to TCPI (new practices; phase progression, success stories, PFE and Opioid Management Workgroups), go the VCSQI website and check out the right side bar for topics.
Now Available: New Accredited Online Course
Quality Payment Program 2017: Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Advancing Care Information (ACI) Performance Category Web-Based Training (WBT) Course
- Learn more about the CMS Online Course Here: CMS MLN FAQs-Booklet-ICN909182
Other MIPS Resources:
CMS has posted new Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) resources on CMS.gov:
- CMS Web Interface Resources: Includes the new Excel template to use when uploading sample beneficiary data to the CMS Web Interface, as well as the corresponding user guide and instructional video on how to use the new Excel template.
- Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Fact Sheet: Provides an overview of the Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances policy, established in the interim final rule with comment period, to support clinicians affected by the California wildfires and Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria.
- MIPS 101 Guide: Offers a basic overview of MIPS, including who is eligible to participate, the three ways to participate in MIPS in 2017, and the reporting requirements for the four MIPS performance categories.
- QPP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Includes answers to nearly 40 questions about the Quality Payment Program in 2017.